What you know?!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Lab/1A and PE's

Today we spent the morning session working on hand intrumentation, accessory fulcrums, and periodontal medicaments (I learned about PerioChip and how you can only place this medicament in a pocket greater than 5mm). I thought this was very beneficial and it was nice to take a break from the hustle-and-bustle of AM clinic.
In the afternoon, I saw a 1A patient (10 years old) and she was difficult to work on. She wouldn't hold still and kept grabbing my suction and water. I was very frustrated! In addition, I had to do nine sealants and she whined the whole time! AHH. It also seems that children have really short attention spans... :)
Luckily, I was able to pass off two PE's (Diagnodent and Air Powder Polish). It's nice to have these out of the way! I learned today, or maybe I should have known, that the powder (Sodium Bicarbonate) for the air powder polish is alkaline. The etch, which is acidic, conteracts this and aids in the preperation for sealants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home