What you know?!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Local Anesthesia Board

Well it was quite a difficult 2 weeks of studying injections and how not to send someone into a hypertensive crisis...
So blog, I will tell you of my local anesthesia board experience. Let's begin with the night before...
Feelings of chest tightness resulted from elevated levels of anxiety. I have never felt this way before...I think I needed a Valium. I don't know why I got so "worked-up." I couldn't sleep and usually I am unaffected by this sort of thing.
I got up the morning of the test and I poured myself a bowl of cereal...but I only took two bites because my stomach was outta control!
I made it up to school and entered the classroom where in the next hour I would know if I could actually proceed to injecting someone. The test was 55 questions long and you could miss 12 (they also throw out 5 of their test, test questions). You either get a pass/fail and luckily I got a "Congratulations. You may now advance to the clinical portion of the LA board." Relief!! Or so I thought!
I went into the clinical board feeling confident. The PSA went great, but on the IA I kept getting osseous contact. However, when I got my results I found out that I had failed my PSA and passed my IA. This now meant that I had to find a new patient and administer a PSA on them. I ended up passing, but it cost me $120 to retake the PSA.
I am kind of agitated about the whole thing. I hated spending another $120! It pisses me off!
Oh well, I guess I PASSED and that is what counts. Who cares how much money you spend, right? haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home