What you know?!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Grossness at the VA

My past two VA days I have come home at about 4:00 and have gone straight to the shower. I have seen Class 4's these past times and I am completely appalled at the grossness of it all. I almost upchucked in my mask.
My first experience was with this man who told me that he was sick of this shit....I was too!....and to get my damn instrument out of his mouth. I lifted the back of the patient chair and told him that he needed to "cool off." He left after that... haha
My next experience was with a really nice man. He wanted to have nitrous and I was all for that because I needed to pass off my nitrous PE. However, I feel that I was getting some of the effects from the nitrous. At the VA, the scavenging system is inserted into the high volume evacuation and is connected at the other point with scotch tape. I started to get light-headed and then a huge headache resulted. I guess I should have put myself on straight oxygen when his appt was completed!
So, regarding the calculus of these two patients...it was quite interesting. There was one tooth that had this odd sheet of calculus across the whole tooth. The way it came off was just mesmorizing! Wish you could have been there. The rest of the plaque and calculus was really stuck on there and I had to go over it and over it and over it. I still missed some when Kami did my scale check, but I am going to blame it on me being somewhat high from the nitrous...haha JK...My skills aren't as awesome as I thought they were...
Anyway, I have been studying all day prepping for the national board.
Also, I am a little annoyed because my board patient hasn't been returning my calls. Not a good sign I guess. Oh well, it always works out in the end.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM , Blogger Skye said...

None of us have seen 4's at the VA yet, I wish I had Kami. I don't know if we'll get our classifications! But on better news, me and Casandra found board pt's so I guess that's more important!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home