What you know?!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Patient from Hell

Today at the VA I had quite an experience! I was the "chosen one" to deal with a patient that was c-r-a-z-y. First, I brought him into the room and said, "Take a seat." He replied, "Where?" I then told him to sit in the dental chair and he said I wasn't clear in my first request and he thought I may have been referring to my ass as a possible "seat." WOW! Quite a weirdo! It clearly was a joke, but I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction...and I really didn't think it was funny either. I don't like it when dirty, old men talk about my ass!
Next, while I was trying to place the digital x-ray in his mouth he raised his hand and told me that he would be critiquing me throughout the appt and that I wasn't to take offense to it. I just shrugged my shoulders and said ok, but I think he was looking more for a response like, "Oh! You are so funny. I am a dumb blonde who needs all the help I can get!"
And then....while I was using the ultrasonic (on the first tooth and only tooth) he flipped out. I lifted his chair up to go talk to Kami to see if maybe she could explain to him the benefits of the ultrasonic (because I don't know what I am doing, of course), but he told me that last time they only did half his mouth and I should save the other half until his next visit. My reply was, "Sir, you can't even handle me working on one tooth! How do you expect me to clean half your mouth?" He didn't seem to like that response...
After that I was called away to do an injection and Kami spoke with him. He told Kami that I was "over confident." I guess that is a bad thing to be?! I DON'T THINK SO! CRAZY OLD MAN! I guess I should be more timid and let people just say whatever the hell they want to me! Have some respect!
Anyway, I refused to go back into my treatment area and so Kami had to finish his appt. He has a crush on Kami so I am sure he got his "kicks."

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM , Blogger Trent and Cas said...

lol! that is ridiculous. i can't believe that guy! he just wanted kami to do it! at least you got an injection. i haven't even done one here at the VA, and I only 4 days left!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home